Saturday, January 24, 2009

My wrist

Last night I had a sleepover. Today we went classic skating. I was skating around and all of a sudden some guy ran into me. I fell on my wrist. It really hurts. When I got home my mom got a bandage and some ice and wrapped me up. My mom took me to the doctor. The doctor said he is pretty sure it isn't broken. (Mom is taking over the typing because Erika is in pain) They said their not quite sure exactly what's wrong, but they took 3 x-rays and one of them looks like there might be something wrong. There is one spot that looks like it might be injured, but in the other x-rays it looks fine. They gave me a special splint for my wrist and it's helping a lot. Kate was really nice and made me some brownies. She texted my mom asking what my favorite homemade dessert was. I said it was probably brownies so she made some for me. It's still hurting a lot but hopefully it will be ok. Mom's note: Erika is being very brave! She got a note to get out of P.E. too! And keyboarding and band if that is neccessary.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Wow that sounds like no fun! Classic Skating is fun, but definitely can be dangerous with all those other people around you. Way to be brave! I'm glad it's not broken, but sorry it still hurts!

Tammy said...

Sorry to hear about your wrist :( You'll have to use your other hand to do couples skate now ;)

Grandma G. said...

I'm so sorry about your wrist. Maybe you have a small hairline fracture. It will heal if you keep your brace on and don't move it for about three weeks. I wish you were here so I could give you a hug. Love you so much.